How to Disable Windows Login Screensaver
Have you ever been annoyed by the computer going into a screensaver before you've even logged in to it? This is a step-by-step guide to disabling this feature.
- Login to your computer as an amdinistrator account.
- Go to Start->Run
- Type regedit into the text box
- Navigate in the explorer like window to the section: HKEY_USERS -> .DEFAULT -> CONTROL PANEL -> DESKTOP
- Change the "ScreenSaveActive" value to 0 and "ScreenSaveTimeOut" value to 0
- It is a good idea to backup the registry before you make any changes to it.
- Do not edit any values in the registry unless you explicitly know what you are doing.
- Editing the registry can make you computer completely unusable and inaccessible.