MICROSOFT IN EGYPT (CAIRO)
Soon Microsoft will be in Egypt, interviewing interested and qualified candidates for software development positions here in the USA at our corporate headquarters working on our major products.
If you know of anyone who might be interested, or a bulletin board where it would be appropriate to post this, please forward this email. There are multiple positions open and candidates will be in competition with themselves, not each other. Please send your resume/cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a qualified candidate?
* Someone who has (or will be completing this year) a bachelor's (four year or more) degree in Computer Science or a related field
* Someone that has very strong abilities to write code in C/C++/C#
* Someone that is very driven and passionate about technology, desiring to make software products that will go all over the world
* Someone with fluent English speaking skills
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO IT AT MICROSOFT
The reason so many people from various disciplines come to Microsoft is because we provide the most exciting challenges in the industry. Since our inception in 1975, Microsoft's mission has been to create software for the personal computer that empowers and enriches people in the workplace, at school and at home. Microsoft's early vision of a computer on every desk and in every home is coupled today with a strong commitment to Internet -related technologies that expand the power and reach of the PC and its users. You can help shape the industry in nearly countless ways, all while gaining invaluable experience. Our casual environment lends itself to freer thinking and therefore, creative problem-solving. However, the coolest part of all is the diversity of jobs. You're guaranteed not to be bored.
We invite you to join us in the .NET age, the most exciting generation of our products. You could create a world of change in one of these pivotal, Redmond, Washington USA area positions in the Microsoft product groups. Here is a list of the core positions we will be looking to fill.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT FULL-TIME POSITIONS
Program Manager (PM)
Develop the vision, and deliver the goods. As a Program Manager, you'll drive the technical vision, design and implementation of next-generation software solutions. You'll transform the product vision into elegant designs that can be developed and ultimately used by Microsoft customers. Managing feature sets throughout the product lifecycle, you'll have the chance to see your design through to completion. You'll also work directly with other key team members including Software Design Engineers and Software Design Engineers in Test. Program Managers are advocates for end users, so your passion for anticipating customer needs and creating outside-the-box solutions for them will really help you shine in this role.
- Strong technical prowess, including understanding of algorithms, systems architecture, and end-user experience.
- Ability to lead within a product's life cycle using evangelism, empathy, and negotiation to define and deliver results.
- Ability to author technical specifications, including envisaged usage cases, customer scenarios, and prioritized requirements lists.
- Familiarity with managing complex project schedules, solving complex problems, and nurturing cross-group collaboration.
Software Design Engineer (SDE)
Work at the core of every product we build. This is where the fun begins for code gurus like you. As a hands-on Software Design Engineer, you'll make decisions about design and feature implementation, using your mastery of technical tools to make a product vision a reality. If you like to write code and design efficient data structures and algorithms to develop next-generation applications or operating systems, this is the position for you. As an SDE, you'll bring products to life by working with Program Managers to ensure strong design and Software Design Engineers in Test to ensure quality through testing. Ultimately for the SDE, it's your code that turns concepts into new technologies and services.
- Fluency in C/C++/C# and a passion for writing quality code using computer science fundamentals
- Ability to derive creative and innovative solutions by thinking "outside the box"
- Ability to solve complex problems, sometimes by testing and debugging code
- Expertise in feature definition, design, and feasibility
- Demonstrated skill in estimating development time
Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET)
Discover life on the last line of defense. As a Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET), you'll own it, break it, fix it, and own it again. You'll ensure a product's quality by making sure it performs as users expect it to. Part of the fun is how creative you can be devising ways to manipulate, crush, and sabotage software into submission—while creating innovative testing technologies along the way.
Ultimately, as an SDET it's your input that can make the difference between joy and frustration for the customers. Since you're keen on how things work, and making them work better, you'll work hand in hand with the Program Managers and Software Design Engineers to design, develop, and maintain automation systems for use in development and testing cycles. Using the tools you create, you'll pour over source code for trouble spots, debugging and isolating problems, and executing creative tests to find new bugs while regression testing recent fixes.
- Fluency in C/C++/C#/VB.NET and experience designing and developing tool architecture
- Ability to solve complex problems and write automation systems and device drivers
- Ability to author test plans and cases, conduct security and stress tests, and debug at source level after identifying, investigating, and prioritizing bugs
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and conflict management
- Demonstrated interest in customer advocacy derived from a holistic understanding of the product from the code level to delivery
Do you think this is the dream job for you? If yes, then please send your resume/cv to email@example.com